Research has shown a clear gap between the skills of our nation’s workforce and the basic skills needs, or “real world” skills, employers believe are critical to job success. These skills are valuable for any occupation--skilled or professional--and at any level of education. For jobseekers lacking a degree or other certifications, demonstrating to a potential employer that they possess the skills to get a good job can be difficult. The ACT National Career Readiness Certificate™ (ACT NCRC®), a nationally recognized credential, is an assessment that can reveal valuable work skills in potential employees and help them stand out from other applicants.
Who should take the National Career Readiness Certificate?
Getting an ACT NCRC® allows an individual to show prospective employers that he or she possesses the basic workplace skills required for 21st century jobs. Even if an individual has a high school diploma (or equivalent) or a postsecondary degree, the ACT NCRC® further verifies that he or she can handle tasks that are common and vital in today’s workplaces. It does so by focusing on three areas:
- Reading for Information—comprehending work-related reading materials, from memos and bulletins to policy manuals and governmental regulations.
- Applied Mathematics—applying mathematical reasoning to work-related problems.
- Locating Information—using information from such materials as diagrams, floor plans, tables, forms, graphs, and charts.
In addition to providing a nationally recognized certificate that demonstrates valid proof of a jobseeker’s basic skills, the ACT NCRC® can produce better job opportunities and the potential for higher wages!
Individuals can attain the following levels of achievement:
- Bronze Level: An individual achieving the Bronze Level possesses core employability skills for approximately 30% of the profiled jobs.
- Silver Level: An individual achieving the Silver Level possesses core employability skills for approximately 65% of the profiled jobs.
- Gold Level: An individual achieving the Gold Level possesses core employability skills for approximately 90% of the profiled jobs.
- Platinum Level: An individual achieving the Platinum Level possesses core employability skills for approximately 99% of the profiled jobs.
Don’t delay…earn your ACT NCRC® today! Contact your local American Job Center to schedule your free assessment!